"Hey Mom, it's not fair. Nathanael has everything done for him. He's like our master and we are his slaves."
"Yes, son," I replied, "you have just defined parenting." :) Joseph is wise beyond his years.
On that very same car ride, Dominic pipes up with a random comment, which he is very prone to do (it would certainly be entertaining to be inside his head for a day):
"Mom, did you know that when I go to school all the girls scream when they see me?"
I laugh out loud, wondering if it's truly possible for 4 year old girls to already be having boy-crazy-crushes, and so I dig a little deeper, "Really. Why do you think they scream when they see you?"
He proudly proclaims, " Because I'm a velociraptor and they think I'm going to eat them."
Ahhh. Makes perfect sense.
Earlier in the week Dominic had another epiphany that he shared out loud with us on the way to school:
"Hey! Michael only has ONE EYE!"
All of us bust out laughing and ask what he means.
"Well," he honestly replies, "I have two eyes and Michael only has one...D-O-M-I-N-I-C and M-I-C-H-A-E-L. See?"
Yes, we all finally saw his logic and had a good laugh. What a great way to start the day :)
I'm glad we have these car conversations. It makes motherhood so worthwhile. God must know that mothers need some lighter, sillier moments to keep us joyful and sane :)

Oh, Maria what fun it is to talk with children. I love those conversations. I need to start writing our down as well. These will be fun memories for the boys when they get older.
ReplyDelete