I've always loved the song by Michael W. Smith called "Never Been Unloved," and I recalled it as I was looking at all the recent pictures of Nathanael being held in loving arms and gazed upon with adoring eyes this past month. Since the moment he was conceived he has never been unloved. When he wakes me up countless times in a night, he is still loved. When he shoots poop across my carpet while I'm changing his diaper, even then he is loved. Actually, this Christmas season reminds me that all of us are loved, all the time. Jesus' birth in a lowly manger showed how much we are loved. Jesus' death on the cross further proved the depth of His love. So be encouraged. You are loved. You have never been unloved. Nothing you could ever do could change that. No matter how unlovable you feel, or how crappy the deck of cards you are dealt, you are still being held in God's loving arms and being gazed upon with God's adoring eyes. Now there's a good reason to be joyful this season!
I wish you a Merry Christmas from my heart and home to each of yours!
Loved by Grandma Theresa!
Loved by his godparents.
Loved by his big brother.
Loved by God.

I guess I know where to come when I need a good cry. Thanks Maria!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
love, beth