Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello Second Trimester!!!

It's been awhile since I have written, so I'll try to catch everyone up on the happenings in our house over the past couple of weeks...

First, I am happy to announce that I am officially in my second trimester of pregnancy!!! I know that I'm only one third of the way there to holding our precious baby, but I'm simply going to rejoice in the present. This week I pulled out my box of maternity clothes that has been in storage for FOUR years (craziness!), and I'm eager to start showing off my growing belly! :) I'm also eager for this "All-Day-Queasiness" to subside...hopefully ASAP...it's getting old...really...really...old (of course I'm saying that with all the joyfulness I can muster). :}



Another exciting event was the May Crowning Mass at the boys' school, followed by an All School Picnic and Talent Show. Joseph and his 2nd grade classmates were very proud because they were allowed to wear their 1st Communion outfits and be in charge of the Bible readings, the prayer intentions, presenting the gifts for the alter, and crowning Mary with a garland of flowers. After the 2nd graders crowned Mary, the entire school presented flowers at Mary's feet as well. It was a gorgeous ceremony and a beautiful way to honor Jesus' mother (our spiritual mother) during this month of May when everyone honors their mothers in some special way. The School Picnic was also delightful because the school is such a close-knit community; everyone knows one another and loves to have the opportunity to chat and spend time together. And, of course, the Talent Show is always an entertaining event to finish the day with laughter and fun. The performances ranged from electric guitar solos to hula hooping to Irish dancing to a trio playing recorders. Joseph's class performed a little skit called "Froggie Went A-Courting", and Michael's class did a very beautiful rendition of the Contemporary Christian song "I can Only Imagine," complete with sign language (which I think it brought a tear to a few eyes in the audience). Here are a few photos of the day's festivities:



Our Lady after her Coronation




Joseph's class waiting to lead the procession for Mass



Michael's class practicing their song for the Talent Show
And last, but certainly not least, my husband also had some excitement this week while he was at work. The single engine Cessna that he was flying had an engine failure and my husband had to do an emergency landing in a farmer's field! I am so thankful that Paul is such an excellent pilot AND that he has an excellent guardian angel! We truly are counting our blessings this week. Things could have turned out much differently, which is frightening to even think about. The whole event was a good reminder to make sure our souls are ready at all times to meet our Lord, and to make sure we are showering those we love with all the love we have every day because our days our numbered. Thank You, God, for giving us more days to shower love upon Paul, my very best friend, and the very best daddy in the world to our boys. Our family may not know what the future holds, but at least we know Who holds the future and we trust in You. Amen.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Cute belly!!! And btw, Ken thinks Paul is awesome. All that good Navy training! :) Giving thanks with you!

    ReplyDelete