Yesterday, however, I had my first real appointment with my OB, which is news worth sharing. My OB is amazing and I feel so very blessed to be her patient. She spend over an hour with me, going over every detail of every pregnancy and miscarriage. She was so thorough and compassionate. I felt like I was her only patient on the schedule that day. She also made me feel like she totally had all my medical issues (my blood clotting disorders, low progesterone, Rh factor, etc) completely under control, which was so reassuring. She may even be "too concerned" with all my medical concerns, but that actually gives me hope that I'll get to hold this baby on this side of heaven this time. The OB wants me to have an ultrasound every 4 weeks (yay!), she has restricted all air travel (boo!), and instructed me to do leg exercises and walk a quarter of a mile every hour and a half if I take any road trips (that's going to make for a LONG road trip back to SD this summer!).
The best part of the appointment was having another ultrasound and seeing our little peanut happily bouncing around my womb. Seeing the racing heart beat and the little arms and legs dancing reminded me just what a miracle I am experiencing. The first trimester fatigue and nausea sometimes makes me loose sight of the joy and miracle of life. I tend to want to fast-forward these first 12 weeks rather than rejoice in every precious day I get to spend with this little life growing within me. How nice to be reminded of that simple, profound truth.

YAY! I'm so happy to hear you had such a good OB appointment. :D If you need a walking buddy, let me know.
ReplyDeleteSo happy about your little peanut. Can't wait to meet her. :) And since you can't fly to our vacation destination, I'll just have to come see you!
ReplyDelete