How beautiful today was! The refrain from today's closing song at Mass summarizes Joseph's special day so well:
"I've received the living God,
and my heart is filled with joy!"
Truly, this mother's heart was bursting with joy, too, as she watched her first child receive his precious 1st Holy Communion, his living Savior, for the first time. It warmed my heart to watch Joseph prepare for this day for months, and I was so proud of how seriously he embraced this Sacrament. Joseph knew exactly Who he was receiving today and how significant this day is. He even asked to go to Confession yesterday so that he could receive Jesus with a completely clean heart! What child asks to go to Confession??? A child like Joseph does. I am so proud of the holy young man Joseph has become, and I pray he will continue on this path towards God his entire life. Today was a huge first step, the first of many towards heaven, I hope and pray. After Mass, we celebrated Joseph's special Sacrament by eating some donuts, and then Paul took all three boys on a male bonding adventure hiking in the mountains. I guess you could say it was a mountain-top day in many ways.
My Jesus, how beautiful You are! Thank You for all the blessings of today and all the blessings you have in store for our family. May all our children grow to love You as their Savior and friend, may they recognize Your Real Presence in Holy Communion, the gift of Yourself to us, and may our family one day enjoy heaven together with You for eternity. Amen.
Here is Joseph glowing after receiving Jesus
Here is Joseph and his 1st Communion class with Monsignor O'Neill
Doesn't he look like a priest in the making?
Settle down, Mom. I'm only 8 and I have years of discerning to do!I'll close with a beautiful poem that came on a plaque that Joseph's godparent's gave him:
Joseph,
You take your place with all the saints
And sup with Him today.
He takes You in His loving arms
And listens as you pray.
He says that you're His little lamb
And He your Shepherd strong.
It's time for you to celebrate
And sing a special song.
Look in the Savior's loving face
And see Him smile at you.
For Jesus loves you this we know.
The Bible says it's true.
God bless you, Joseph, on your 1st Communion day and always!!!

Congratulations, Joseph!
ReplyDeleteMay he continue to grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man!
ReplyDelete