Our sweet Michael celebrated his seventh birthday with a jet theme (again). I think over the years our boys have had at least 5 jet-themed parties :) Truly, these boys do military dog-fighting procedures during every waking moment and even in their sleep. Is that normal??? Anyway, Michael actually got to celebrate his birthday twice this year. His real birthday landed the day after Easter, so we celebrated with Grandma Jean and Grandpa Dick who were visiting. And then we celebrated a week later with the boys in his class. Michael loves to be the center of attention, so both parties were a hit, especially because both of his birthday cakes were topped with some new die-cast airplanes for him to play with :) What more could a fly-boy want? At his second party, the boys made paper airplanes, ate cake and ice cream, and then played baseball in the backyard. It was the perfect party for a group of boisterous boys, and Michael went to sleep perfectly content. What more could this Mommy ask for? :) It's hard for me to believe that our only brown-eyed baby is seven! Before I know it, he'll be heading off to flight school...YIKES! :} Here are a few photos of the fun...
Michael with Birthday Cake #1
Michael with Birthday Cake #2

Michael with his classroom cronies

Michael with his new rollerblading helmet,
ready to burn some rubber on our sidewalks...
watch out neighbors!
Happy Birthday, my fly-boy!
I love you more than all the jets in the world!

Yay! Happy birthday, Michael!
ReplyDelete(My Dad used to be the lead mechanic for F-16s ... Michael's love of jets totally remind me of the times I'd go up and have lunch with Dad at the Engine Shop. I wasn't all into jets, but I thought it was pretty cool that Dad worked on them!)