This weekend was full of lots of little joys for our whole family, and isn't it the little things that really uplift the spirit in the biggest ways?!
My little joy was being surprised by my sweet husband who arrived home a day early from his week-long work trip. He totally surprised me and even scored extra points by walking in the door with my favorite chips and salsa from Chili's in his hands! What a sweet and smart man I married! :) "Gifts" is my love language and any little, thoughtful gift sends my heart soaring...it made my whole weekend! And it made it easier to speak my husband's love language all weekend, too, so we were both happy! :) Funny how that works. I sure wish we would've read the "Five Love Languages" book BEFORE we got married...it would have spared us from a lot of bumps along the way. If you haven't read Gary Chapman's book, I highly recommend it---it saved (and continues to save) our marriage! Paul and the boys also had a weekend full of little joys. We were invited by some friends who live up in the mountains to play hockey on their very own ice pond! I'm not sure who had more fun--Paul or the boys! It was the perfect way to spend an afternoon. The sun was shining, the air was crisp, the snow was glistening, the ice was smooth, and the competition was good. What more could boys of any age ask for? Here are some photos that were a feeble attempt to capture a few of those little joys...Enjoy!
My little joy was being surprised by my sweet husband who arrived home a day early from his week-long work trip. He totally surprised me and even scored extra points by walking in the door with my favorite chips and salsa from Chili's in his hands! What a sweet and smart man I married! :) "Gifts" is my love language and any little, thoughtful gift sends my heart soaring...it made my whole weekend! And it made it easier to speak my husband's love language all weekend, too, so we were both happy! :) Funny how that works. I sure wish we would've read the "Five Love Languages" book BEFORE we got married...it would have spared us from a lot of bumps along the way. If you haven't read Gary Chapman's book, I highly recommend it---it saved (and continues to save) our marriage! Paul and the boys also had a weekend full of little joys. We were invited by some friends who live up in the mountains to play hockey on their very own ice pond! I'm not sure who had more fun--Paul or the boys! It was the perfect way to spend an afternoon. The sun was shining, the air was crisp, the snow was glistening, the ice was smooth, and the competition was good. What more could boys of any age ask for? Here are some photos that were a feeble attempt to capture a few of those little joys...Enjoy!
Doesn't he look handsome and happy? :)





Looks like a fun weekend! I love that last pic.
ReplyDelete