Saturday, October 10, 2009

Remembering Sebastian

Two years ago today our little Sebastian was born and brought to Heaven. The memory of that day stirs up many emotions, but this year I am thankful that some of the sorrow has dissipated and has been replaced with peace. I keep picturing holding his little body, perfectly formed, in my hands. He was beautiful. And now I know how beautiful it is to have a saint up in heaven interceding for our family. I will try to focus on such thoughts rather than the pain of missing him and our 2 other children in heaven. This photo is a painting called "Escort to God" by Melissa Dayton. My friend Denise gave me this print when I miscarried, and it brings me so much comfot to picture my babies being escorted to God by angels. I can't wait to get escorted to Heaven someday and hold each of my heavenly children in my arms.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away,
Blessed be the name of the Lord."
Job 1:21

post signature

2 comments:

  1. *hugs and prayers*

    I love that picture - I saw it online after we lost our Honeymoon Baby. Some day I'll get a print (probably after we move to the new house). I never knew the name or the artist, so thanks for that.

    Have you heard of the Church of the Holy Innocent's Shrine of the Unborn? (http://www.innocents.com/shrine.asp) We put our Honeymoon Baby in the Book of Life there, and I know the graces received from the Mass has really helped us (and will continue to help us).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your sweet babies. I can't wait to meet Sebastian in Heaven one day. Won't it be a wonderful reunion? Our families all together and our 12(+) children? Praying for you, as always. Especially today. :)

    ReplyDelete