Wednesday, May 27, 2009

9th Wedding Anniversary

This week Paul and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary! I smile as I think back to that twitterpated day, but I won't lie and say that it has been nothing but sunshine and roses along the way. With all honesty I can say that I love my husband more today than those passionate days of courtship, but honesty would also compel me to say that my love has deepened because of 9 years of serious pruning. There were times in our marriage that we didn't like each other much, but with God's grace we never stopped loving each other, which meant learning how to die to self, practicing the art of forgiveness, and persevering in prayer. I am so glad we never threw in the towel when times got hard, like so many in today's culture do, because the result of all that painful pruning truly has become a deeply rooted love in the Lord and each other.

Thank you, Lord, for my husband and our children, for the joys and the sorrows of marriage, and for teaching me what true love is--you showed me by dying on the cross for my sins. Help me to love my husband better each year for many more years to come! Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Maria & Paul....WOW!...I can hardly believe that it has been 9 years we celebrated the beginning of your marriage!....it doesn't seem that long ago...and yet, it seems very recent.

    You have a very fun blog!
    Hugs from Nebraska!
    Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Maria! That's amazing- nine years. Good work girl.
    I hope you can post some pics on here from 40 days sometime.
    gotta go - love in Jesus!!!
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated wedding anniversary to two of our favorite people, the two of you are an inspiration to us in many ways. And, belated birthday wishes to you Maria! May the next year be full of more blessings than the past years combined! Rachel

    ReplyDelete