Sunday, May 24, 2009

Andrea's Wedding


This weekend I drove 12 tranquil hours to South Dakota to be in my friend Andrea's wedding. I use the word "tranquil," because I had the unusual opportunity to drive alone, without having to appease 3 children in the backseat with snacks or DVDs or potty breaks every half an hour. A 12 hour road trip through "scenic" North and South Dakota sounds painful, but truly it was such a gift to me. It was indeed a delight to listen to theology CDs that I've wanted to listen to for years (I feel much holier now and ready to convert the world---ha!) and I also made it through a couple laps on my rosary beads as I prayed for friends and family. I especially prayed for my friend Andrea as she begins the incredible journey of marriage...that she and Jim find happiness in each other and increased holiness along the way. Andrea and I have been friends since grade school. We've been through many adventures together, not the least of which being a religious pilgrimage at the ripe old ago of 16 to Medjugorje (a war-torn nation in Bosnia where the Blessed Virgin Mary has been appearing since 1981). She was my maid of honor 9 years ago and has been longing for her prince charming to sweep her off her feet for a very long time. I am so happy for her!!! God is good...He just takes His sweet time sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment