Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Smith River Floating Adventure


Paul took the older boys on a 5 day floating adventure on the Smith River in Montana. Apparently, floating the mighty Smith is an important "right of passage" in Montana, so the boys are now officially mighty, Montana, mountain men, able to brave any adventure they embark upon. I decided to stay behind with Dominic, lest we become "fun sponges" and spoil all the excitement with our complaining for creature comforts such as soft, warm beds, toilets that flush, etc, etc, etc. Fun was had by all the floaters, despite a day of wind and rain and one youngster going overboard (that would be Michael, of course, who now likes to brag that he's the mightiest survivalist of the crew). All three of them are eager for their next adventure...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of your mountain men! And your blog looks great! I've added you to my blog list, so I'll be sure to stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete