Sunday, May 13, 2018

Spring Break Recap


Well, now that we are FINALLY having Spring weather, I will finally post our Spring Break photos from way back in March!  :)

We chose a new destination this year:  Winter Park, Colorado.  Paul has a cousin who works as the PR person for the Winter Park Ski Resort, so he was able to give us free lift tickets for the whole family for as many days as we wanted!!!  That's what made the trip possible, and we were so grateful for this fun opportunity.  Thank you, cousin Steve! 

It was a looooonnnng road trip to get to Winter Park.  It took us 15 hours to get there due to a snow storm that slowed us down.  I think it took about 12 hours on the way home.  But, the kids did great in the car!  They have become terrific travelers, and all of us enjoy listening to good books on tape to pass the time quickly.  This time we listened to the book, "Unbroken," which we highly recommend.  What an inspirational story of perseverance, forgiveness, and miraculous conversion.

Once we arrived at Winter Park, we had a blast at the condo.  It was lovely, with lots of space and a wonderful rec center with a nice swimming pool, pool table, and work-out room.  One of the big bummers of the trip was that Dominic was not able to ski due to his recent bone infection that he was still recovering from.  But thankfully he had plenty of fun swimming, playing the iPad, and two days of snow-tubing instead of skiing! :)

On this trip, we decided to let our teenagers go off and explore on their own---which was hard for their worry-wort momma!  :}  They had a blast at the terrain parks and the double black diamond runs!  Crazy boys.  One lesson they learned was to always wear sunscreen, or at least a buff to cover their face, because they ended up with wicked sun and wind burns.  That was partially my fault, because I forgot that you can still get sun-burnt even when you're playing in the snow.  But I think they would say it was totally worth it :}

As for the little boys, they had fun learning to become better little skiers.  Natey did fantastic!  Last year I think he only skied once at our local ski hill, but this year he quickly graduated from the easy green runs to the tougher blue runs.  Isaiah was a different story...  This was Isaiah's first year on skies, and he spent most of his time laying in the snow, whining, and waiting for Paul to pick him up and carry him down the mountain :}  We should have put him in lessons.  Lesson-learned.  I'm guessing that next year will be much better.  I cannot believe that we now have our whole family in skis and that we can all be together on ski hills.  I dream of many fun skiing vacations ahead!  It's a new chapter for our family, and I like it :)

And now for the picture-story :)





























Abundant blessings 
on your Spring and Summer!!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment