I am also one blessed girl to have a husband who lets me go on a girls' getaway to recharge my soul with a couple of my best friends (he not only lets me go, but encourages me!). We went to a nearby hot springs resort called Chico---thus the name we gave ourselves: "Las Chicos Chicas." :) This is the first time that I've done an overnight trip just for fun, just for myself. In the past I've always felt too guilty to leave my family behind. I've always thought I have to be on full-time mom duty, full-time sacrificing, in order to be the best mom possible. But I am just starting to realize that sometimes being the best mom requires putting aside my "mom hat" and putting on a swimsuit instead! :)
Slowly I'm beginning to learn that I shouldn't feel guilty about soaking up some natural Vitamin D, laughing out load with my friends, or relaxing long enough to listen to the Lord and find myself again so that I can be a better wife and mom and woman of God. After all, how can we pour ourselves out in service to others if the pitcher of our soul has run dry? So, hopefully this girlfriend getaway has taught me to give myself permission to recharge from time to time. I give you readers permission too! And if you live nearby, perhaps you could just tag along with me and mis amigas and join Las Chicos Chicas! :)
Here's me and mi amiga Laura.
Mi otro amiga, Beth, refused to be in any of the pictures.
She chose to be the group photographer instead :}
(she's a muy loca chica, but we still love her)
We stayed at our own little private cabin at Chico, which was perfect---
especially because we learned that there is a "ghost" that lives in the main lodge.
We prayed a Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the resident ghost,
so perhaps we helped her out (literally) :)
This was my first time to go to Chico. I found it to be very Montana-esque---
rustic and lovely at the same time, very laid back and not too fancy...
perfecto para mi.
The food was MUY BIEN!!!
Spending time with my dearest friends without the stress of kiddos
was so good for all of our souls.
I think our husbands were worried that we wouldn't come back home :)
I have to admit it was hard to leave these hot springs--
they were like soaking in a hot bubble bath that never gets cold.
Ahhh...so nice.
Here is Laura saying, "What happens at Chico, stays at Chico!"
Here is the road that led to rejuvenation for Las Chicos Chicas.
I wonder what road we will take next year...
I wonder who else will join us...
What road is the right road for you to help you be the best version of yourself?










No comments:
Post a Comment