Happy Easter from our family to yours!
I hope all of you had a beautiful Easter celebration---and are continuing to celebrate until Easter officially ends on Pentecost Sunday! We had a lovely Easter, although our plans for Easter Sunday changed at the last minute when Natey threw up in the middle of the night on Saturday. I was so bummed because we were supposed to go to a dear friend's house (who has 7 kids) along with another great Catholic family (who has 8 kids), and I was really looking forward to the fellowship with these special friends. But, it wasn't meant to be. Once I decided to "offer it up" and "praise the Lord anyway," I quickly got over myself and my disappointment. Natey and I stayed behind and had a very special Easter together while Paul took the rest of the crew to our friends' house (actually, it's a ginormous, gorgeous ranch, near Lincoln, MT). The boys had a blast mountain biking all over the property (there's 100s of acres to explore), and there was also a fun Easter egg hunt for all the little ones. Natey and I had our own Easter egg hunt around our very own gorgeous property. He was as happy as can be, and it was a memory I will never forget spending that Easter with him all to myself :) God is so good. I recently heard the phrase that "our disappointments are God's appointments." When things in life don't quite go the way we wanted and disappointment comes, it's usually an opportunity to grow closer to Christ, an appointment to unite our sorrows with His--which does so much good for our souls and perhaps other souls too as we share in Christ's redemptive suffering for the world. What an amazing God we have, which seems so obvious at Easter as we remember that He sent His beloved Son to die to save us from our sins. Thank you, God, for salvation, my beautiful boys, family, friends, Easter joys, and even for our disappointments!
Hope your Easter was filled with
joy,
heavenly graces,
and even some candy too! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment