The highlight for Michael and me was skiing at Bridger Bowl, which was covered in FEET of powder. I have never skied in so much powder and it took some getting used to. You would think powder means soft and easy to glide through, but for me it was like trying to water-ski in slow motion on a lake covered with white caps. :} But, don't get me wrong, I loved it and it was an awesome workout for my legs. Michael had a ball and was able to show off his skiing skills to me by going on nearly every black diamond and double black diamond on the mountain. I was so proud of his ability and bravery. But my favorite part was bonding with him on the ski lift after each run down the mountain. Probably wasn't his favorite part (hee hee), but I loved that quality time with him with no other kids or distractions vying for my attention.
The other big highlight was rock climbing at the indoor climbing gym called "Spire." That place is amazing--two thumbs up. The walls are about 50 feet high (although it feels like they are 100 feet when you climb to the top!), and it is a great workout for the whole family! Paul was the belayer because his knee is still healing from meniscus surgery. Michael and Dominic were like Spidermen! I was an amateur, but I loved it and would like to do this more often! Anyone want to plan a trip to Bozeman to go climbing with me soon?
Despite his face in this picture, Dominic had a blast. He was just annoyed to have his picture taken because he wanted to be climbing instead. :}
Maria saying, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" all the way to the top!
Dominic was a natural climber...he must be part gecko or spider :)
Michael tying his climbing knot.
He got the award for successfully climbing the most difficult path to the top.
Paul was an awesome belayer, but he thinks his knee will be ready for climbing soon!
Joseph was very bummed not to be able to rock climb or ski with us, but he was under doctor's orders to rest his back to let the compression fractures heal for a few more weeks. But he was trooper about the whole thing and took on the role of helping Paul with the little ones during the trip. The day Michael and I went skiing, Paul and Joseph took the little boys to the Museum of the Rockies, which was a big hit. Especially because there was a new live crocodile exhibit there.
Other highlights were swimming at the hotel (the little boys' favorite), soaking in the hot tub (mommy's favorite), watching TV in the hotel room (Michael's favorite), and eating out for every meal (Joseph's favorite)! :)
Isaiah, happy and hanging on for dear life!
Isaiah loved the water, but was still a little bit scared of it too.
Here he is clinging to Paul like his arms are superglued to his neck :)
Spikey and happy :)
Like father like son...minus the hair and a few pounds. :)
Sweet smiles, sweet Spring Break.
The sign said "NO DIVING"...it didn't say anything about front flips.
Paul's favorite part was probably just chillin' in the hotel room with his little buddy...
...or perhaps assisting in the tickle torture game!
Hope you all have a happy Spring, overflowing with sunshine, gratitude, and laughter (without needing to be tickle tortured)!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment