Monday, March 20, 2017

What St. Joseph, Spring, and my spouse all have in common...

What do St. Joseph, the 1st day of Spring, and my sweet spouse all have in common?
...I'm thankful for all three of them!!! :)

Today I am feeling grateful for my Catholic faith...  To have holy friends like St. Joseph to intercede for us, helping us in all our needs, and ultimately helping us to join them in heaven someday.  I am also feeling grateful for a holy husband who strives to imitate St. Joseph.  A husband who loves Jesus and His Blessed Mother, who has always protected my purity, guarded our family from evil, and guided us towards holiness---not perfectly, but certainly perseveringly---and that's what counts.

Thank you, God, for holy St. Joseph and my holy husband, Paul!
And thank you, God, for Spring weather!
How good it feels to be outdoors with sunshine on my face again!




This prayer is among the earliest prayers to St. Joseph, (from around A.D. 50!!!) and also one of the best known.  Let's pray it together for the special intentions we hold deep in our hearts, and also for all the men in our lives, that they become more like St. Joseph, strong and holy leaders of their families!  We certainly need more men like St. Joseph in this world!

Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your divine son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.


Oh St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while he reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss his fine head for me, and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen



Happy Feast of St. Joseph, 
and Happy first day of Spring!
  Both are worth celebrating!  
It's a Feast Day, 
so go ahead and feast a little bit!!!  :)





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment