Friday, February 13, 2015

True love quote on the feast of St. Valentine

A friend of mine recently sent me this great quote from St. JPII, which I thought would be fitting on the feast of St. Valentine.

Do not forget that true love sets no conditions; 
it does not calculate or complain, 
but simply loves.  
~St. John Paul II 

These words are a great reminder for me because I tend to get confused at times about the real meaning of love.  I mistakenly think that love is about feelings and romance, and when those things wane in my marriage, I get a bit depressed--which does nothing to help the romantic feelings return, I have learned. :\  I need to remind myself that true love is a choice, not a feeling.  It's unconditional and involves a lot of service and sacrifice, and when I love like that, it's even better than romance!

Speaking of romance, my Valentine returns tonight after being gone for nearly two weeks!  I am looking forward to trying to love him "truly," with no conditions, no expectations, no calculating, and no complaining.  Pray for me!  :)

  Happy St. Valentine's Day!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment