Dominic felt well-prepared for Reconciliation, but he was still a bit nervous. I told him I still get nervous when I go to Reconciliation, but it is so worth it because of the abundance of grace God pours into our souls when we humbly confess our sins and ask Him for His mercy--the mercy He died to give anyone who asks for it! This Sacrament must make Jesus so happy! Dominic stood very patiently in the longest line for Reconciliation, because he specifically wanted to go to Fr. Marc Lenneman, a young, vibrant priest from our local Catholic college, who is totally on-fire for Christ. I think it was worth the wait because Dominic bounced out of the confessional with complete joy on his face. Afterwards, Dominic and I, along with his R.E. teacher and her daughter, went out for dessert to celebrate this grace-filled event. Hopefully that sweet piece of pie will always remind him that confessing his sins is truly one of the sweetest things in life!
Just as I did with my older boys, I was able to capture on my camera the "before the sacrament jitters," and the "after the sacrament bliss." So here's the play-by-play!
Nervously waiting in line...
Practicing the Act of Contrition one more time...
It's almost his turn to go...
All done...ALL SMILES!!!
Lighting a candle with Deacon Bob
as a reminder of how bright our souls are when they are clean from sin...
Dominic wanted to do his penance right away,
and for some reason he thought he should do it by the altar...how precious!
Dominic with his Religious Education teacher, Beth,
who is also one of my best friends.
Beth is doing a beautiful job leading these little heart closer to Christ!!!
Oh how I love this happy and holy little boy!
May he continue to grow in holiness all the days of his life!!!
Thank you, Jesus, for your passion and death
which gives us your mercy and salvation!!!
Oh, how You love us!
May we grow to love You more!
No comments:
Post a Comment