Sunday, November 23, 2014

a dose of encouragement


I love it when God sends a little love note or words of encouragement just when I need it.  It has happened to me many times...either through a Bible verse, or a song on the radio, or a phone call from a friend, or a quote that I stumble upon that day.  Well, it happened again this morning when I flipped over the page on my daily calendar and read these healing words from Ann Voskamp:

I may feel disappointment and the despair may flood high, but to give thanks is an action and rejoice is a verb and these are not mere pulsing emotions.  While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all tings, because He knows that the feeling of joy begins in the action of giving thanks.  And true saints know that the place where all the joy comes from is far deeper than that of feelings; joy comes from the place of the very Presence of God.   Joy is God and God is joy and joy doesn't negate all the other emotions...joy transcends all the other emotions.

Dear Jesus--may these words sink into my soul and become not just an idea but a way of life for me (and all who may stumble upon them on my blog)  :)  Grant us true joy as we learn to give thanks to You for everything!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment