Monday, October 6, 2014

Picture Day (our own silly way)

Up until last year, my boys did Picture Day at school just like every other kid...  They smiled a cheesy smile that didn't capture their uniqueness, they stoicly stood in front of a generic blue backdrop, and they gave the photographer a very big check before knowing if the pictures would even turn out.  But last year, I decided I was tired of spending so much money on pictures that I really didn't like enough to display on the wall, so I started taking my own pictures.  I readily admit that I am not a great photographer.  I've taken only 1 class (and that was 15 years ago in college learning how to develop negatives in a darkroom!).  I honestly don't know much about shutter speed or aperture.  But I do know how to look for an authentic smile and a gorgeous backdrop--plus, I have Photoshop--and that's good enough for me!  :)

It's alarming to me how much the boys have changed since I took their photos last year.  My oldest son and my youngest son especially look so much older to me.  But oh, how I love these boys and watching them grow into such holy gentlemen!  May the Holy Spirit give my husband and I the graces we need to guide their souls to love and serve God in this crazy world!  And May Our Blessed Mother watch over them, protect them, and guide them ever closer to her Son!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Your boys are all very handsome! You're right, I see a big difference in both Joseph and Isaiah! God bless! =)

    ReplyDelete