This month I turned 35! I sure don't feel that old, and according to most restaurant waitresses who still card me when I order a margarita, I must not look that old either. But 35 is what I am--like it or not. This year contained many ups and downs for me, many tears mixed with a little laughter, and many failures that led to humility and (hopefully) closer to a Christ-like heart. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I feel like this year has been like a mid-life crisis for me (a bit young for a mid-life crisis, I know, but I'm just getting it out of the way early, I guess)... :} It has been a year of dying to dreams and desperately searching for new ones; a year of letting go of who I thought I wanted to be when I grew up and striving to be who God created me to be instead; a year of clinging to faith, hope, and love even when my feelings betray all three. Yes, this year was difficult but good, and on my birthday I had MANY reasons to feel very blessed...
REASON #1: Chili's chips and salsa and MARGARITAS (mmmmmm!)
REASON #2: FREE molten lava cake to share with my crazy-awesome boys
REASON #3: My mom and dad coming for a week and watching them bond with my boys
REASON #4: My dad helping me plant our garden and our flowers
REASON #5: Getting to go on a field trip with my 6th grade son watch him play music for the elderly
REASON #6: Taking my boys to go play mini-golf
REASON #7: Paul coming home from a long work trip and watching him teach our boys all about archery
REASON 8 (the greatest reason of all): KNOWING THAT I AM LOVED BY GOD---a merciful God who forgives my failings, feeds me with His life-giving Body and Blood, and who gently reminds me to look for the blessings all around me (yes,even in my silly mid-life crisis) and to live my next year loving Him and others even better than I did the last.
Yes, I am one very blessed birthday girl, with one very AWESOME GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment