Monday, February 24, 2014

hiatus


Well, I'm sad to say that I will probably be taking a hiatus from blogging for awhile.  Why?  Well, we have decided to try to sell our house this Spring, so we are frantically trying to get it ready for the market.  This process is a bit bittersweet because we love our home.  It's been perfect for us for the past 7 years, but we are simply outgrowing it.  Case in point:  we have 4 boys sleeping in one room.  Another case in point:  when the boys play baseball in our small backyard they have to climb the fence after every swing to retrieve their ball in the neighbor's yard.  Yes, a bit too small inside and out.

So, please pray for us as we embark upon this stressful exciting adventure!  Pray that we can sell our home quickly and find the perfect home for our family soon.  Here's our dream-wish-list in case you want to pray very specifically:   ;)


  • something west of town near the boys' awesome Catholic school
  • 4+ bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms (rooms enough for our family and for grandparents to visit often!)
  • large recreation room for the boys to play ping pong :)
  • big mudroom for our big muddy boys
  • a large yard for the boys to play baseball and football unhindered
  • something adjacent to public land so the boys can explore and go hunting out the back door

  • We've been looking at the houses on the market for over a year and just can't seem to find the right layout, location, and price combination.  So we may just have to find a nice piece of land and build a house.  Lots of big decisions ahead.  May the Holy Spirit guide us and give us peace during the entire process.  We are also asking for the intercession of St. Joseph, who safely guided the Holy Family through many stressful moving adventures, so we know we are in good hands!  :)

    PS  I will still try to blog when major milestones happen in our home, but I'm guessing my posts will be fewer and farther between now that I will be busy boxing up junk, painting walls, and cleaning around the clock.  I'll try to keep you posted on our progress!  God bless you in the meantime!

    post signature

    1 comment:


    1. Maria, I chuckled when reading your post because we too are in the same "boat" so to speak. We have been looking for quite some time now. After no luck for the same reasons you have mentioned above, we're considering embarking on a venture to move outside of our sunshine state (FL). We are currently working with a realtor in SC, ...we'll see how it goes! House searching can be so frustrating, but we are placing are trust in God and seeking the intercession and prayers of St Joseph as well, and know that in HIS time, our "perfect" home will be found! I pray the same for you and your family!

      God Bless and Good Luck with your housing adventure!

      ReplyDelete