Thursday, February 13, 2014

Seriously!?


I love being the mother of all boys, but seriously, sometimes all I can do is shake my head and say...

"SERIOUSLY!?"

A few examples of late:

Last week I got the itch to be domestic and bake some cookies.  So I preheated the oven, started measuring and mixing, and as I finished the final steps of my Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, I caught the unmistakable smell of something burning.  "Oh great," I say to myself as I open the oven, expecting to find some burnt cheese from our last frozen pizza night.  Nope.  Not burnt cheese, but a pool of burnt plastic.  The sad remains of a former action figure to be exact.  I knew immediately my 3-year-old was the culprit, so I questioned him with a look of exasperation on my face.  He calmly informed me that the oven was the prison for his bad guys.  I guess poetic justice was served, but...SERIOUSLY!?

A couple of days later I found an 8 pound dumbbell weight on the boys' top bunk bed.  "What on earth is this doing up here," I quizzically asked myself.  Then I decided to ask my always-honest 3-year-old.  Nathanael proudly told me that earlier in the day he and Dominic were waiting to drop it on Michael when he came into the room.  Thankfully, they got tired of waiting for Michael to finish his homework, but still...why would they ever think that would be a good idea...SERIOUSLY!?

Later in the same week I asked Dominic to sit in the bathroom and watch Isaiah and Nathanael take a bath for just a moment while I put some laundry away.  What I found when I returned a minute later was Dominic showing his little brothers how cool it was to suction the toilet plunger to the bottom of the tub and watch it make a big "ssshhhwunk" sound as it popped free and splashed water everywhere.  Nasty.  I highly doubt little girls would enjoy playing with a germ-infested plunger while taking a bath.  All I could do was take the plunger away, shake my head, and wonder where do boys come up with these ideas...SERIOUSLY!?

Never a dull moment in this life filled with boys. I am abundantly blessed, but seriously, I wouldn't mind having a little girl in the house to share a very lady-like tea party with occasionally!  :)


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! Shannon and I are right with ya...except we have a few girls to lend some sanity to the craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria, so funny. Boys are so awesome, but I remember those days. Mine are 21, 18, and 46. I still wonder, seriously? Oh, and I was so excited when Madelle came along. No girl fun with her. It is all about t-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I have a tomboy!

    ReplyDelete