Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pray for my boys...


Today we took the scenic drive up the Seeley-Swan Valley to Salmon Lake to drop our eldest 2 sons off at a Catholic camp called Legendary Lodge.  They having been eagerly awaiting this camp all summer.  The location of the camp is breath-taking, with majestic mountains towering on all sides and surrounded by a crystal mountain lake.  You even have to take a ferry boat to get across the lake to the campsite...


 

It was bittersweet taking the boys across the lake, knowing that I won't be seeing their smiling faces for 5 days, and knowing also that they are growing up and strengthening their wings of independence.  But I had a peace knowing that they would be learning to soar towards heaven at this camp, growing in their faith while having the time of their lives. 


I wondered if I would cry and turn into a puddle as I said goodbye to them and blessed their foreheads underneath their favorite baseball caps.  But I didn't cry (shocking, I know!).  I felt at peace because they had each other--how blessed I am that these brothers are truly the best of friends!  I knew they would look out for each other and they wouldn't be too lonely or homesick with each other nearby.


And not only did they have each other, they were also surrounded by a huge group of their best buddies from school and church.  We know and love all of these boys and are friends with all of their parents...another huge consolation to this mother's heart!



Plus, I knew they were in very good hands---our Blessed Mother's!  Oh my, I just noticed how it looks like she is even holding them by their arms in this photo!  I have nothing to worry about :)


All that being said, I would still love it if you would help me pray for our boys while they are at camp this week... Pray for their peace and protection; pray that they create legendary memories and lasting friendships; but pray most of all that they come to love the Lord in a powerful and personal way.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment