He looks awesome on the ski hill zipping past the teenage boarders. Little do they know that he has salt and pepper hair under his helmet. Paul has been snowboarding since college, and I finally learned how to ski this year. Rarely do the two of us get to ski/snowboard together because one of us has to take care of the little tikes. But this weekend we had a rare treat. We hired a babysitter (shocking, I know!). So for one lovely hour we were able to be on the hill together, chatting on the chair lift, soaking in the sun and the snow-covered view, and then finishing our date with cheesy fries inside the lodge (that was my favorite part...the food inside the warm lodge is the real reason I ski). Anyway, it was grand. After our date, I went to pick up the little boys at the babysitter's, while Paul stayed with the big boys at the hill showing off his skills.
6 hours later...

Prayers for a speedy recovery! I saw all of you at Mass on Sunday and I saw his cast, and I was all "I bet there's going to be a blog post about it..."
ReplyDelete:D
Oh, poor Paul. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I am glad you had some ski time before the broken wrist.
ReplyDelete