On this day of Thanksgiving, I am reminded how long overdue I am with sharing my gratitude list. My goal is to post a list each Thursday of things that I am thankful for in order to train myself to constantly be looking for God's graces all around me. I have failed miserably at posting a list each week, but here is the list that I've been working on the past couple of months:
- boys looking handsome and happy in their blue and khaki school uniforms
- the jibberjabbering of babies...the sweetest language on earth
- rainbows in the soapy suds as I do dishes, reminding me that even chores can be beautiful with the right perspective
- one-on-one bonding at breakfast with whichever child wakes first in the morning
- Nathanael learning to balance on 2 chubby legs
- hiding Scripture memory verses in my heart with my prayer partner
- slipping love notes and Scripture verses in lunch boxes
- dimpled chins and baby grins
- praying at Planned Parenthood in the falling snow, feeling God's grace fall upon me
- Dominic pretending to be a new ocean animal each week
- the delight in my boys' eyes as they watch MLB games on the computer
- a surprise gift of chocolate from my friend Beth on a day I needed a boost
- crunchy carrots from our garden that somehow taste better than the ones at the store
- hunter husband returning early from hunting camp = huge deposit in my love bank
- hunting season nearing its end (3 more days, but who's counting) :)
- singing the name of Jesus at a Cursillo retreat
- unexpected polanca (love letters) from those I love most, including sweet drawings from my boys
- the gentle flicker of the sanctuary candle, silently beckoning that God is near
- my kind friend Alyssa who brought ginger ale and bread when our house had the flu
- learning Mother Teresa's secret: thirsting for Christ and trusting that He thirsts for me
- times spent reading or sewing
- finding a new babysitter and piano teacher for the boys
- women sharing their "mountains moved" by faith and trust in Jesus

No comments:
Post a Comment