Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pondering Life on 3-16

Today's date is 3-16, and the Christian radio station that I was listening to this morning reminded me to ponder the verse John 3:16...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."

I was reminded that we indeed have a loving Father, that we indeed have much to be thankful for if we accept the gift of eternal life which God offers daily. I was also reminded to give thanks for some wonderful news that I received yesterday---not as wonderful as "the Good News" of everlasting life, but extremely good news about a mother who chose life for her unborn child. Apparently there was a young mother who had just found out she was pregnant who was at our 40 Days for Life Kick Off event last week. She was considering abortion, but a friend of hers convinced her to come to this hope-filled, pro-life event. At our informational table the young woman picked up a business card for our local crisis pregnancy center. The following day she went there to have a free ultrasound, and by the end of the appointment she found the grace to accept the life in her womb that God had given her. Praise the Lord!

However, I also received an email yesterday from someone on our 40 Days for Life email list who begged for prayers for a friend of hers who is scheduled to have an abortion at our local Planned Parenthood this Friday. I offered to speak to the friend and suggested our local crisis pregnancy center that offers free ultrasounds. Please, please help me storm the heavens with prayers for this mother and her unborn child. May our prayers help to open her eyes to the gift of life that God has created in her womb, and perhaps even the gift of eternal life that God wants to offer her if she hasn't already accepted it. I pray that this young woman's heart is flooded with God's love; may she feel Jesus' gentle arms around her; may she feel the peace of the Holy Spirit within her, and may she have the courage to make the right choice.

So please pray with me on this day of 3-16 as you ponder the powerful words of John 3:16... pray in thanksgiving for the abortion-minded mother who chose life for her child last week, pray in thanksgiving for the gift of life eternal that God has given you, and pray in supplication for our Heavenly Father to save the lives of unborn children all over the world, especially the precious life in jeopardy that I mentioned above.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment