
Yesterday was the beautiful feast of St. Joseph, the foster father of Jesus. Our family celebrated by making "Sloppy Joe's" for supper (I hope St. Joe wasn't offended by our humorous attempt to honor him!), and we recited a couple of St. Joseph prayers at the beginning and end of our meal. It was a very humble celebration for one of the humblest saints I know. When I read about dear St. Joseph in Scripture I am always amazed at his complete obedience to the will of the Father and his profound humility. I feel like I am profoundly lacking in both of those virtues, so I am praying that St. Joseph will help foster those traits in my heart this year. There are many beautiful prayers to St. Joseph, but as I was trying to decide which one to include in this post, I came across a new one to the entire Holy Family that touched my heart. May it touch yours as well, and may the Holy Family always be close to your heart and guide you on your path towards holiness and heaven.
Prayer In Honor of the Holy Family
O most amiable Savior, having sanctified Your own chosen family by Your admirable virtues and by the example of Your domestic life; look graciously upon our family kneeling at Your feet, imploring Your grace. Remember that our family is also Your family because we have consecrated and offered ourselves to Your special service. Stand by us lovingly, defend us in dangers, aid us in adversities, and favor us with Your grace, so that we may constantly imitate Your Own Holy Family and may by fidelity to Your service and Your love merit one day to praise You forever in heaven.
O Mary, sweetest Mother, we implore your protection with full confidence that your Divine Son will hear our prayers through your powerful intercession.
O glorious Patriarch, St. Joseph, assist us with your fatherly love and lead us ever closer to your Son and Savior, Jesus Christ, day by day.
Prayer In Honor of the Holy Family
O most amiable Savior, having sanctified Your own chosen family by Your admirable virtues and by the example of Your domestic life; look graciously upon our family kneeling at Your feet, imploring Your grace. Remember that our family is also Your family because we have consecrated and offered ourselves to Your special service. Stand by us lovingly, defend us in dangers, aid us in adversities, and favor us with Your grace, so that we may constantly imitate Your Own Holy Family and may by fidelity to Your service and Your love merit one day to praise You forever in heaven.
O Mary, sweetest Mother, we implore your protection with full confidence that your Divine Son will hear our prayers through your powerful intercession.
O glorious Patriarch, St. Joseph, assist us with your fatherly love and lead us ever closer to your Son and Savior, Jesus Christ, day by day.

No comments:
Post a Comment