
This week, on the Feast of St. Nicholas, our sweet Nathanael entered the Church through the graces of baptism. He behaved like a little cherub, sleeping through the whole ceremony (which his mother was very thankful for!) My brother Jon and his lovely bride Debbie were the proud godparents. They flew in from Portland, and we were so happy that they could make it. Our older boys adored every minute playing with their fun aunt and uncle while they were here, and I know Nathanael will gently be guided to love and serve the Lord through their prayers as he grows up.
Nathanael with his proud godparents, Debbie and Jon.
Nathanael ready for his big moment of entering the church. If you look closely, you can see that his Mommy was ready with a pacifier in hand just in case :)
I am totally in love with this little angel-boy!
Fr. Sean blessing Nathanael with chrism oil, which has the most heavenly scent on earth. I avoided giving him a bath as long as possible because I wanted the sweet smell to linger on his precious head forever.
Fr. Sean blessing Nathanael's ears, that they may be open to God's Word, and his mouth, that he may speak the Gospel in truth and love throughout his life.
During the solemness of the ceremony, Dominic decided to pretend that the baptismal font was an aircraft carrier and his hand was a fighter jet. I was just thankful that he didn't go overboard and take a swim in the "ocean" of holy water!
Here's some of our friends who were kind enough to wake up at the crack of dawn to attend Nathanael's holy Baptism (it was right after the 7:00am Mass). I am so blessed with holy, encourageing friends, both near and far...you know who you are! :)
Please say a prayer for Nathanael, our newest little member of the Church, and for all of our children, that each of them may grow in wisdom as they grow in stature and learn to glorify the Lord with their lives. And while you're at it, you might as well say a prayer for Paul and I, that we be holy parents, and for Fr. Sean and all priests, that they faithfully shepherd the sheep in their fold.
Welcome to the Church, Nathanael! :D
ReplyDelete