Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blue Ice Cream!

Blue ice cream? Why am I eating blue ice cream? Yes, it is my favorite color, but even more special than that, we needed to celebrate the big news that our family has been blessed with another BOY!!! Paul and the boys came with me to my ultrasound appointment, and I told them that afterwards we would celebrate the news of our baby's gender with either pink or blue ice cream from the carousel. It was a special memory that will last forever in my mind. It was also so special to be surrounded by my husband and all my boys in the ultrasound room. The boys were mesmerized by their baby brother on the screen. I was so mesmerized that at one point during the sonogram that I mistakenly thought his cute little bum was his face! The sonographer burst out laughing and quickly corrected me. Ooops :} I guess our little guy just has an extremely handsome backside :) And, boy oh boy, our little guy was not shy at all at showing us his backside to prove that he is a boy! :) We feel so blessed and overwhelmed with thankfulness that our baby boy seems perfectly healthy and will soon join our family. He will fit right in with his big brothers, and I know that God has chosen exactly what our family needs. I honestly can't imagine it any other way. :) Here are some photos of our blue ice cream celebration and our precious little baby boy...


Here's Maria at 21 weeks with Cotton Candy icecream :)



I think Paul is relieved that he didn't have to pose with pink icecream :)

A beautiful profile shot of our baby

Here's his cute little bottom showing us that he's a boy! :)


Precious feet

Here's a beautiful 3-D image showing our little guy either sucking his thumb or saying a prayer. I wonder if he knows how many people have been covering him in prayer.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYY! Maria, we are so excited for you and your crew of boys! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy! Congratulations! And you look great by the way... .cute baby bump. And I love the green shirt on you. Very pretty Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Oh, what a fun way to celebrate, I bet your big guys will always remember the ice cream. That 3D image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete