Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Break for Everyone (well, almost everyone)

My apologies for my lapse in blogging over the past week. We were on our Spring Break vacation in South Dakota...well, all of us that is except my very hardworking and generous husband got a break. Paul kindly offered to drive the boys and me 12 long hours to SD, and then he continued on driving another 14 hours to Oklahoma City for a week of FAA classes---then he drove back to pick us up and take us home. God bless him...truly. So, while my sweet husband was dutifully getting educated, the rest of us were having so much fun in SD that it's going to be hard for me to limit the number of photos I put in this post :)

Because the weather was not quite "Springy" yet in "balmy" South Dakota, we spent most of our time indoors, but that didn't seem to damper any one's spirits. Our days were filled with playing board games and card games, building model airplanes, reading aloud, drawing masterpieces, indoor roller-skating, and swimming at a hotel on the way home. Technically, this was Spring Break for the boys, but I feel like I was the one who had the best "break" of all... With Grandma and Grandpa around to play with the kids, I was able to do some "unaccompanied" shopping, catch up on my photo albums, finish a sewing project, go out to dinner with dear old friends, and best of all, I got to enjoy a peaceful hour of adoration in front of the Blessed Sacrament! My spirit was certainly recharged during Spring Break! But I have to admit I'm a bit depressed today surrounded by my everyday routine and overwhelmed by all that needs to get done now that the break is over. I am so thankful for the best parents in the world who spoil the boys and me with all their love and attention when we visit. It was hard for us to say goodbye, but knowing that we will be making another trip to SD this summer made it a little bit easier. I'm glad to have captured a few of these precious memories on my camera to remind me of how blessed I am...may they somehow bless you too!

Michael enjoying special reading time with Grandma Theresa


Michael reading out loud to his attentive Grandpa Pat


Grandma Theresa reading to Joseph, Michael, and cousin Elizabeth in their fort


The boys enjoying an intense game of air-hockey


Dominic and Grandpa Pat going for a crazy race car ride


Joseph quickly picked up the knack for in line skating


Dominic and Mommy don't quite have the knack


Michael was the King of Limbo


Joseph often was occupied with his artwork


Michael and Dominic kept themselves busy with Lego's


Grandpa Pat helped the boys make their first-ever model airplanes


I can't even count the number of "So Sorry" games that were played


The boys at a hotel waterpark on the way home


Joseph being a bit too brave in the pool


Michael also being brave in the pool


post signature


1 comment: