Friday, December 18, 2009

Wrapped Up in the Season

I feel like I need to apologize for my lapse in blogging (as if you've all been desperately waiting to hear about my exciting life and profound thoughts!) :) I have to admit that I've been wrapped up in the busy-ness of the season...it's simply impossible to escape it. This week alone we've had the boys' Christmas piano recital, the school Christmas program, making costumes for the Christmas program, Paul's office Christmas party, hockey practice, last minute shopping, and trying to find inspiration (and time) to write my Christmas letter (which I think is turning into a New Year's letter because of the afore mentioned items). Despite the busy-ness, I still feel like I'm experiencing the joy and wonder of Advent. The list of items I previously mentioned were all fun (except for the costumes), my kids are healthy and filled with Christmas cheer, my husband and I are enjoying special time together, and how I love to see our lighted tree with Christmas music playing in the background. So anyway, I just felt like I should check in and let everyone know that I haven't abandoned my blog. I'm simply trying to simplify during this busy and blessed season. So "Merry Christmas" to all of you if I don't have time to blog again before the New Year!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What merry pictures! I got your package today. Thank you, my dear Catholic friend! :)

    ReplyDelete