Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Joys!

This Christmas was perhaps the most relaxing and lovely Christmas we've ever had! There was no traveling, no entertaining---simply being a family and focusing on the real reasons for the season: Jesus and Joy! This year we didn't even have very many gifts under the tree. We told the kids that Jesus only received 3 gifts for His birthday from the wise men, so 3 should be the max for them under the tree too. So rather than playing with tons of new toys, we spend the majority of our holiday experiencing old joys, such as making snowmen and snow angels, playing outdoor hockey, sledding, and dusting off our old Scrabble game. It was delightful. Unfortunately, I don't have very many good pictures to share because my snapshot camera doesn't take the greatest photos... But my sweet husband came to the rescue and surprised me with a more professional-grade camera for Christmas! I am eager to start experimenting with it...so be prepared for some great photos soon! I truly had a blessed Christmas in so many ways, and I hope each of you did too! And may God bless your family and mine in the New Year as we keep our hearts and minds fixed on Him!

The joy of Christmas morning!


The joy of skating outdoors!

The joy of making a snow angel!

The joy of "trying" to play hockey!

The joy of making an All-Star snowman!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment