- Midnight Mass!!!! For the first time ever, our entire family went to the beautiful Christmas Midnight Mass at St. Helena's Cathedral. Our oldest two boys were asked to be altar servers, along with about 14 other senior servers. It was such a holy, awe-some sight to see all those young men with their black and white albs and 2 of them doing incense during the holy Consecration of the bread and wine. I felt so blessed to be a Catholic and to be able to attend such a holy ceremony and receive the Real Presence of Jesus Christ--body, blood, soul and divinity--into my own body on the Feast of His Birth at Christmas. It really doesn't get any better than that.
- Watching my boys open their few presents and seeing the joy on their faces, even though they didn't get a whole lot this year.
- Cutting down a beautiful Christmas tree with some dear friends who own over 100 acres in the Montana wilderness, followed by great food and holy fellowship. I am so grateful that God has given us great friends and this gorgeous state to live in.
- Sleeping in!!! About a month ago I was asked to be the 3rd grade teacher at our boys' school, and now that I have been working full time, I really treasure the days that I get to sleep in :)
- Playing the new board games that the boys got for Christmas, as well as lots of card games.
And now for the picture highlights:
Even our cat liked the Christmas tree :)
One of my favorite ornaments: Our Lady of Medjugorje, the Queen of Peace.
May she continue to guide souls to her Son, Jesus--the only place to find true peace.
Nathanael happily found his presents :)
He really liked this bubble gum bat from his buddy, Stevie :)
Isaiah, happily showing off one of his unopened gifts.
He guessed it was baseball cards, and he was right :)
Joseph chillaxin' with a Coke.
Drinking copious amounts of Coca-Cola was probably the highlight of his Christmas. :)
Paul got a new Irish sweater and a cuddly kid for Christmas :)
I think Michael was happy with his framed baseball photos,
which shows him making one of the best catches I've ever seen in a game.
I love how the boys find just as much joy watching their siblings get presents.
I think this ended up being Isaiah's favorite gift,
and he's been bopping all over the house with it :)
Christmas wouldn't be complete without another Garfield book.
All 5 of the boys still love reading Garfield comics,
just like my brothers and I did!
Just like Mary and Joseph and the 3 Kings,
our family comes to Mass to adore the King of Kings.
I was so thankful no one was sick on Christmas Eve,
which allowed our whole family to come to Mass together.
My holy and handsome husband praying before Mass.
How blessed I am to have him in my life,
helping me get to heaven.
I love how the altar seems to be illuminated by miraculous light.
The miracle that takes place on that altar is definitely the highlight of Christmas.
"Thank You, Jesus, for coming into our world on Christmas long ago,
but also coming to give Yourself to us at every single Mass!
We love You and adore You until you come again to take us to Heaven!"






No comments:
Post a Comment