Waterballoons, pizza, cheesecake, friends, ziplining, and LEGOs...
doesn't get much better than that!
Dominic's next big July event was attending his first ever church camp away from home! He was excited but nervous to go. I was nervous about him being homesick. Six days away from home for the first time seems like a long time to me. But my worrying was for naught. When I picked him up, he was all smiles and said, "This was the best week of my life! I wish I could stay!" So much for being homesick. I kinda wished he missed me just a little bit :} But perhaps it's because I give him too many chores... I asked him to do some chores the day he got back home, and he said he wished he could go back to Legendary Lodge. Oh well, I guess I'm just training him that you can't stay on the mountain-top forever... After the Transfiguration, Jesus and his disciples had to come back down because there was work to be done for the Kingdom. And so it was for Dominic... Now he faces daily routine, chores and trying to get along with his siblings again...all for the greater glory of God and to further the Kingdom! :)
Happy Birthday, delightful Dominic!
You are our fun-loving son with a sensitive heart,
a super-smart brain, a gift for music,
and the ability to build anything out of LEGOs!
You are growing into a brave and holy young man,
and I am so eager to see what God is calling you to be as you grow up!
I hope you know that my love for you is zippier than a zip-line,
sweeter than cheesecake,
and stronger than a superglued LEGO set!
Love,
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment