Thursday, August 25, 2016

1st Day of School "Blues"


Yesterday was the first day of school for my 4 oldest boys.  Their school uniform is blue, but they were also slightly "blue" in their mood too as I had to wake them all up to get to school on time (gone are the summer days of sleeping in).

Joseph is a 9th grader this year and Michael is an 8th grader, so they were not too excited to head back to school knowing the homework load that awaits them most nights.  Their consolation, however, is their awesome group of friends, whom they are happy to be able to hang out with again every day.  I am so happy that my boys have such an awesome Catholic school to attend, with such great friends whom I can trust to be good, holy influences on my boys.  That is more than worth the price of tuition!  I will sure miss these handsome faces all day long though.  I loved being with them all summer---they are such great helpers and they are just plain fun to be around.  Isaiah will sure be missing them too (especially Dominic and Nathanael who usually play Legos with him all day), but I am sure looking forward to some one-on-one time with my "baby" before he heads off to school in a couple of years...yikes.

Dominic started 4th grade this year, and he, too, was dreading the return of homework--but mostly he was sad that he no longer gets to play with Legos all day long.  I am quite confident that he will love his teacher this year (she is one of my favorites) and have a blast with his friends, so I think he will survive the Lego-withdrawal symptoms. :}

Natey is our BIG KINDERGARTNER this year, and he was equally excited and nervous on the first day of school.  I think he was proud to finally be at the same school with his big brothers, but he was also sad to leave his Legos and his Mommy (not sure which one he misses more) :)  He did great when I dropped him off on the first day.  He had a very concerned look on his face as he waited in line, and for one brief moment I thought he would cry, but he stayed strong (Mommy somehow did too), and he was all smiles at the end of the day.  Success!


Nathanael waiting in line to head into school for the first time 
(you can see the nervous look on his face)

Here is Nathanael when I picked him up at the end of the day:
all smiles with a lollipop from his teacher
(school isn't so bad after all)

We went out to celebrate the first day of school success (as well as the Feast Day of St. Nathanael) at our local frozen yogurt shop.  It was a sweet end to a bittersweet day.  Bowls full of ice cream with lots of toppings helps to take the school blues away!

May God bless and protect all our children 
this school year;
may they grow in wisdom 
and ever closer to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment