Monday, June 20, 2016

big boys at camp...prayers welcomed

Yesterday we drove 2 hours through beautiful Montana mountains to drop off our 2 big boys at a gorgeous lake for Catholic youth camp.  This is Joseph and Michael's 3rd year at camp, and they are surrounded by their very best friends from school and great Catholic counselors, so I know I shouldn't worry---but I still do :}  One thing that is new this year for our boys, is that they are now at the junior high camp which is co-ed (see why I'm worried?).  Personally, I am not a fan of co-ed camps---especially during the hormonal junior high and high school years!---but no one asked my opinion on the matter.   So I will just have to trust and pray that all the kids there can stay focused on Jesus and not get too distracted by the opposite gender :}  Will you please help me to pray that our boys have an "awe"-some week, filled with new awe at God's love for them, and that they experience a deeper relationship with Jesus so that they will help set this world on fire for Christ and His Church!


I entrusted them to Our Lady, so I know they are in good hands!



Waiting in line with their friends to take the boat ride across the lake to the camp


Isaiah loved throwing rocks in the water


Next year Dominic will be old enough for camp, 
and within a few more years his little brothers will follow.
May this camp help each one of them to know, love, and serve the Lord!


Thank you for praying for these handsome, holy boys!


And while you're praying for the boys, if you could spare a prayer for their anxious parents, that would be welcomed as well! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment