I was pondering the other day how this 50-day-long-celebration is yet another example of just how much God loves us and lavishes graces upon us--especially after we have faithfully endured a period of hardship... Let me try to explain. Lent, for example, often seems like an extremely long 40 days. 40 long days of giving up some of the things that we are the most attached to--like coffee, electronics, fast food, soda, sweets, alcohol, etc--all to remind us of what Jesus gave up for us: His life, in the most painful way possible! But after we have faithfully fasted from those things for 40 days, the good Lord rewards us with--not 40--but 50 days of celebrating and feasting and focusing on JOY--and the joy seems all the more real and precious after the period of fasting and suffering. Boy, after giving up coffee for 40 days, I am savoring each sweet cup that I have been having since then! :) That seems to be a pervasive theme with the Lord--that after periods of intense suffering, there always comes a sweet reward that makes the suffering so worthwhile. I can think of many examples of this in my own life:
- the severe nausea, discomfort and labor pains of pregnancy which led to 5 beautiful babies in my arms
- a deep wound in my marriage that seemed hopeless to repair, but it eventually led to a deeper love and joy that I never imagined possible
- the stress and disappointment of looking for a new house and feeling like the right one was no where to be found (ever), and then being blessed with one that far exceeded our hopes and expectations
Lent and Easter follow that same theme. They are beautiful reminders for us to persevere and trust in God during the hard (Lenten) times in life because He always comes through and blesses us with an unexpected miracle (Easter), providing just what we need, at just the right time. He is so full of love and mercy that I am just in awe of Him (this year especially). I feel like my love for Him and my trust in Him has grown so much---thank you, Lord! I hope your Easter has been filled with many joys and that the Lord has stretched your heart and increased your love and trust in Him too!
Here are some photos to bring you even more Easter JOY!!!
A very happy Nathanael on our first Easter Egg Hunt around our property
Isaiah loved every minute of the Egg hunt...
each egg was like a new treasure.
How I wish I kept that same childlike wonder with every treasure God gives me each day!
Real men carry Easter baskets
--and look good doing it :)
We have a special tradition of doing our Easter Egg Hunt with some dear friends who have 6 kids.
This is our son Nathanael hunting for eggs with Margaret and Grace.
Our big boys (Joseph and Michael) hid the eggs all long the trail that surrounds our property. It was such a joy to watch the little kids hunt for the eggs in such beautiful wilderness.
A rare moment that I am so glad I captured on camera:
this is Nathanael gladly giving away some of his eggs to his friend Grace.
SO SWEET!
I called it "an Easter Miracle!" :)
My friend Lisa walking the trail with her son Martin in her arms.
I am so blessed to have a friend like her.
She has taught me so much about what being a true Catholic, Christian woman is!
May God bless her and her family abundantly for their faith-filled example!
Margaret getting ready to eat the treasures that she found :)
I pray that you know just how much you are treasured by God this Easter!
He died for you.
He loves you.
All He wants is your love and trust in return.
HAPPY EASTER!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment