Sunday, April 10, 2016

Another TEENAGER!

Wowser!  We now have 2 teenagers in our house!  I don't look old enough to have teenagers--but I'm starting to feel old enough :}  Michael turned thirteen on April 3rd, and he was so excited to invite a few of his best buddies over to our new house to celebrate.  Honestly, I think it was the easiest birthday party I have ever hosted.  The boys just ran around the 7 acres of our property playing "capture the rag," tossing horseshoes, chasing wild turkeys, and completely entertaining themselves :)  Paul grilled some hot dogs for supper, and all I was responsible for was the cake---which I bought from Dairy Queen, so even that was easy.   I feel like every day we see more ways that this new home is such a blessing for our family--even better than we had hoped for.  What a blessing to have this beautiful outdoor space for our boys and their friends to play and get exercise and discover the joys of nature!  I hope the Lord doesn't get tired of us thanking Him.

Here are Michael and his friends after their game of "Capture the Rag."
As you can see by the smile on his face and the rag around his neck, 
Michael's team captured the rag first and won :)

This Detroit Tigers clock was Michael's favorite gift, 
given to him by one of his favorite friends from school--Jared.


"Thank you, Heavenly Father, for this new home and for our newest teenager!  Thank You for all of Michael's gifts that he brings to our family:  his joyful energy, the way he takes care of his younger siblings, his willingness to do chores, and his passion for nature, school, and sports.  Please bless Michael with all the graces he needs to grow closer to You, to discern his true vocation, and to set this world on fire with Your love!"




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment