Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"Holy" Master Builder!

My son Dominic has always been a Master Builder when it comes to Legos, but his latest creation has elevated him to the title of "Holy" Master Builder!  :)  A friend of mine told me about a  "Catholic Mass Lego kit" that you can buy online, and when I showed my son Dominic a picture of it, he said, "I bet I could build that!"  And off he went!  A few hours later he was finished, and I was astonished.  It was complete with a priest, an altar boy, a cup for the Precious Blood, Eucharist hosts, parishioners, pews, a lectern stand, a cross, a stained glass window, and an altar (which even has a saint relic hidden inside...a little Lego bone!)! :)   And the next day he decided to make a tabernacle with a door to place the Body of Christ inside.  He was so proud of himself and he immediately wanted to play with the set and do a pretend Mass.  He read the Mass readings from his Bible, gave a short homily, and then had the Lego guys come up to receive Communion.  It was precious.  This mother's heart melted.  Sometimes I really doubt if I'm raising my boys well, especially when they fight, whine, don't obey the first time I ask, and pretend to blow up bad-guys up on a regular basis.  But when they do things like this, it seems to redeem all the other junk that they do and I have hope they they will turn out to be holy gentlemen after all! :)  I am so eager to see what my sweet and creative Dominic will become when he grows up, but for now I will just cherish him for the Holy Master Builder that he is!







post signature

1 comment: