Sunday, November 15, 2015

My oh my, look who's FIVE!


Nathanael turned FIVE this week...November 10th to be exact.  It is hard to believe that our sweet baby boy with the dimpled chin is now a big boy who goes to preschool, knows his ABCs, and can count to 1000!  He continues to be a complete delight to our family with his sweet and silly temperament and that adorable freckled face :) We celebrated his special day by going to an afternoon Mass at Carroll College, followed by eating at a restaurant of the Birthday Boy's choosing...  He chose a Japanese Steakhouse so that he could see a fire show---typical boy.  Then we came home and gave him a few presents.  Simple and sweet.






Here is Nathanael the month he was born.  Simply adorable.  He was our first baby with that cute dimpled chin and I remember just wanting to kiss it all the time and gaze at his sweet face all day long.  I still love to cover him with kisses, and he still is super adorable, but now I can start to see in his face the young man he is to become.  In the picture below I see a 5 year old going on 15.   I see more maturity on his face and realize he's not a baby anymore.  Bittersweet.  But I am so grateful for each year God has given me with this sweet boy, and although I don't know how it's possible, I find myself loving each of my boys more and more each and every year of their lives.  I am one very blessed mother.

Dearest Nathanael,
my baby boy with the dimpled chin who is no longer a baby.
I still love to kiss that dimple and all those freckles, 
and I hope you will always let me.
I am so proud of the son that you are:
sweet, silly, and sensitive.
You are one of mommy's biggest helpers--
the way you play with Isaiah so that I can get things done.
I love the way your brilliant mind works 
and how you love to build and create with Legos and K'Nex for hours.
I love your smile, your laughter, and your joyful heart
that you contagiously give to everyone in our home and everyone you meet.
You are a blessing to our family, a firecracker of joy,
and I pray that you will set the world on fire with love for Jesus!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment