Thursday, March 27, 2014

House for Sale!


Well, it's official.  Our home sweet home will be on the market tomorrow.  My heart is a mixed bag of emotions:  eager for the adventure, scared out of my wits, and bittersweet at the thought of selling this home filled with many memories and abundant graces.  We hope the potential buyers of our house will feel the love, faith, and joy that was shared within these walls.  We pray that it sells in God's perfect timing to the right family, and that we find a new home soon to begin building new memories in.  We are extra blessed to have a faith-filled friend as a realtor who understands our need of finding a larger house with a bigger yard because he has 5 boys just like us!  And for those of you who have never been a guest in our happy home, here's a quick tour:

I fell in love with this home at first sight 7 years ago...


It was fun buying a Spring wreath and welcome sign to make our entrance more inviting...


Here's the view upon entering the front door...


Our cozy living room where we listen to boys playing piano during the day
and where we gather for our family prayers at night...


I love the way we recently moved our piano to this side of the room instead of having it block the windows;
now we have more sunshine filling the room...


I also love this new ficus tree that I bought to brighten the room,
and, of course, it consoles me to know that the Sacred Heart of Jesus is with our family on this adventure...


Oh, the conversations (and spilled milk) we've shared around this table...


And here's our bright kitchen where I spend much of my time...


I will miss this view from my kitchen window watching our boys play in the backyard. 
This "String of Pearls" plant reminds me of rosary beads
 and all the graces Our Lady has given our family in this home...


Here's a view of the balcony where 3 of our bedrooms are...


I love this little ledge heading upstairs that holds a basket filled with the roses from our wedding;
they are still just as beautiful 14 years past that sacred day...


I have always loved climbing these stairs and being reminded how much Jesus loves the little children,
and how much He loves even me...


Paul made this log bed as a wedding gift to me, 
and my mother made this log cabin quilt to cover it perfectly;
what a blessing to be covered by her quilt and her prayers all these years...


We've always believed in having a crucifix in our bedroom as a reminder to keep our eyes fixed on Christ...


Our master bathroom...


I have loved tucking our boys in bed and listening to them talk and giggle (sometimes for hours) 
before falling asleep...


The boys' bathroom, complete with new linoleum...


The nursery where our three youngest  have been read to and rocked for countless hours...


The family room in the basement that has witnessed numerous floor hockey games
 and hours of Lego building and playing board games...




The spare bedroom in the basement which used to be our homeschooling room,
and now is used for grandparents and guests when they visit...


The quaint spare bathroom...


We have complete faith and trust that God will help us sell our home and find a new one
as we ask for the intercession of St. Joseph.  If God entrusted St. Joseph to take care of the Holy Family,
then I believe we can trust him too.
ST. JOSEPH, PRAY FOR US!!!




post signature

1 comment: