I decided this year that I would not buy portraits from school picture day. Why? Two reasons:
1) the pictures are ridiculously expensive
2) the pictures are marginal (at best) with a boring background and typically very cheesy smiles.
So instead, I decided to take my handsome boys to a local lake and take pictures with my own camera. It gave me great practice in taking better pictures and I was so pleased with the results. I'm certainly no professional, but I think the photos turned out better than the generic school photos that Lifetouch takes at least. I am hoping that this will become an annual tradition and that I will improve as a photographer each year as my boys grow up. I was thankful, too, that the boys didn't whine or complain about me taking their photos. It was actually a win-win situation because while I was happy taking their pictures, they were happy fishing and playing at the lake once I was done with the photo-shoot. :o)
Now, the only other thing my frugal heart wishes for is to get a nice family photo in the next week or two so that I can use them for our Christmas cards. I'll keep ya posted, but for now, I hope you enjoy these handsome (dare I still call them adorable?) faces. They sure make me smile and feel so blessed to be their mom!
JOSEPH
MICHAEL
DOMINIC
NATHANAEL
ISAIAH
All your boys are handsome lads! =) The pictures came out great! BTW, a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!! Now if only you could come out and take some of our family! :) You are a great photographer! (Sorry about previous deleted message--I fat-fingered some words, so re-edited :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Maria! Can't wait for family pics.
ReplyDelete