Wednesday, September 25, 2013

the bald and the beautiful



Our bald and beautiful Isaiah turns 5 months old this week!  It's funny how it seems like he's been in our family forever.  He truly fits right in and brings a precious element of joy to our chaos.  I have to admit my life has become quite a bit more stressful and chaotic as our family size has grown, but God has been faithful to supply enough grace for each day.  Sometimes it seems like He only provides enough grace for one day at a time, but still, at least the grace is there when it's needed.

So far, Isaiah's eyes continue to be a beautiful steely blue, but I wonder if he will transition to hazel eyes soon, like most of his brothers have.  He has lost most of his hair, but there is some new peach-fuzz that looks like it might be reddish/light brown like Nathanael's.  He smiles all of the time now, which is such a delight.  He has also figured out how to use his hands to grab toys, or to simply stick his fingers in his mouth.  He seems to be experimenting with trying to roll over, but has not yet successfully made it past his side.  His sleeping habits seem to be deteriorating.  I once bragged that he was my best sleeper ever, practically sleeping through the night at one month old, but these last couple of months he has been waking up numerous times to feed or to be comforted.  I wonder if it's teething or a growth spurt?  I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know exactly what to change.  I've tried giving him bottles with formula, but he refuses them altogether.  I've also been trying some solids to help him sleep better, but so far he spits about 90% of it out each time I give him a bite.  Nevertheless, it is pretty sweet to nurse and snuggle with him throughout the night and try to get some prayer-time in as I doze on and off.  It's the only time I can get any praying done now that my life feels like a crazy circus during the day, so I try to consider it a gift. 

Yes, I'm learning it's all about perspective.  I need to focus on my gifts, on what's truly important, and that makes all the difference.  When I start to feel like I'm drowning, all I have to do is take one look at my bald and beautiful boys, and I'm immediately reminded how truly blessed I am!  :o)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment