Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Date with Ducks

During Joseph's birthday party at Spring Meadow Lake there was a cute duck couple that let me have a photo date with them.  I was thrilled that they let me get so close and experiment with my camera and my new telephoto lens.   Taking pictures makes me happy.  These sweet ducks made me happy as I imagined what they might be thinking as they preened their feathers and flirted with each other... :o)

"Hey honey, look at me!  Don't I look handsome today?"
 
 
"Hmm... She's not looking... Maybe if I turn like this she'll notice my masculine physique...."
 
 
"OK, onto Plan B...  Maybe she'll be impressed if I preen my feathers for her."
 
 
"There.  I bet I look handsome and irresistible now."
 
 
"Time out...got an itch!  That was embarrassing. I hope she didn't see that."
 
 
"Maybe I can get her attention if I show her how flexible I am."
 
 
 
"Aw heck.  All that showing off was hard work. 
I'm ready for a nap. 
Perhaps it's a good sign that she's willing to nap by my side."


post signature

1 comment: