Isaiah is 2 months old already, and I think it's safe to say that his temperament is pretty much established, and the verdict is...he's an "Angel Baby!" Praise the Lord! Perhaps God knew what I could handle! :) This little guy has been so mellow and easy, which makes me so thankful. He eats every four hours during the day, and at night he is already sleeping 5 hours or more at a stretch. Twice he has slept for 8 hours!!! I am trying to follow a relaxed schedule of: eat, awake-time, and then sleep. I learned this approach from the great parenting book, "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." The book also recommends not nursing your baby to sleep so that he learns to soothe himself to sleep, which, in theory, is supposed to help babies sleep through the night much sooner. It has been working great so far. When he gets fussy and tired, I usually put him in the Baby Bjorn, and he falls asleep while I'm going about my normal routine. Then I put him in his crib for his nap. He does have one fussy period right before he goes to bed for the night (we jokingly call this "Happy Hour"), which I think is simply from being over-tired and over-stimulated by the activities during the day. All of the other boys were fussy in the evening too, so this seems normal and fairly easy to handle (especially when Paul takes this shift and lets me go shower and go to bed early...he is a great daddy!) I feel so much peace and confidence now that Isaiah has eased into a routine, and the anxiety I had about having 5 children is dissipating by the day. I truly see the evidence that God provides all the grace that I need when I need it. All I need to do is trust and thank Him, and yet so often I fail at those two things...sigh. But that's OK because I know marriage and motherhood will give me plenty of opportunities to practice! :}
Well, it's time to go enjoy some more fun in the sun while we're on vacation! As you can tell, Isaiah loves getting his R-and-R too! May your summer be filled with rest, sun, smiles, and blessings too!
No comments:
Post a Comment