Monday, May 27, 2013

A Happy Birthday Girl

Well, it's happening...I'm getting old.  I turned 34 last week, and just to remind me that I am indeed a year older, a few new grey hairs appeared to wish me a "Happy Birthday."  Honestly, I was not too disappointed, because now perhaps I will match my husband a bit better. It might take awhile for me to catch up with his number of grey hairs though!


 

Along with my new gray hairs, I received a few other birthday gifts:  a new camera lens to play with, some candy and Starbucks gift cards from my girlfriends, and a new blue jacket.  But the best gift of all was my parents coming for a visit.  Paul was gone on a work trip, so my parents came to rescue me and they truly made this birthday girl very happy.  They treated the boys and me to dessert at our favorite frozen yogurt shop... 

 
And then in the days ahead they spent every waking hour helping in various ways: playing games with the boys, cooking, patching holes in our walls, cleaning toilets, rocking Isaiah to sleep, fixing broken bike chains, cheering the boys on at their baseball games, playing catch or "hot-box" in the backyard, and, in general, making everyone happy. 
 

How incredibly blessed I am to have parents like this!  They truly made me a happy birthday girl!!!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hope it was a great day, and glad your parents could be there with you!
    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete