Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Thankful for unexpected flowers from my beloved... I love how he's learning to speak my love language!

Thankful for my choir boy, making even the angels smile :)

Thankful for beautiful baby Evan who I got to see and spoil with love last week

Thankful for the joyful responsibility of leading this little soul to Jesus through my prayers and love as his godmother!

Thankful Jon and Debbie asked me to be Evan's godmother, and so glad I could be there for his beautiful baptism!

Thankful for Jon's cat, Lily, whose smooshed-in face is somehow so endearing :)

Thankful for such an artistic Creator (seen so clearly at the Rhododendron Gardens in Portland)

Thankful that Evan is blessed with such awesome parents...that little boy will never be wanting for love or attention!

Thankful that signs of God's presence are truly everywhere...like in this dove tree, reminding me of the Holy Spirit...
...and this clover, a simple reminder of the profound mystery of the Trinity.


Thankful for my big-hearted brother, who has always stood by my side and made me laugh :)
Thankful for getting spoiled with great food on my vacation, like this incredible breakfast casserole...mmm!

Thankful for being treated to a healthy smoothie every morning---thanks Jon!

Thankful for vacations that remind me that my life is beautiful, if I but let the light of God shine on it.
More litany of thanks (without pictures):
  • a giving husband who happily encourages me to get out of the house to go have fun (I wish I were as giving, espeicially during hunting season!)
  • imperfect children who remind me how imperfect I am
  • Springtime in the Rockies...snow flurries still flying in May
  • a budding peace lily giving me peace about my babies in heaven
  • coffee with Hazelnut creamer
  • Coca-Cola
  • Nathanael's naptime = my prayer time
  • a police officer friend whose life was spared
  • the rhythmic sound of my bread machine...and the resulting smell of honey wheat bread
  • family bike rides to a park
  • hand-me-downs from a stylish friend
  • boys in baseball uniforms
  • my husband's silver hair
  • learning the Biblical roots of the Holy Mass at my Monday prayer group
  • the feeling of accomplishment in digging up dandilions
  • amazing Mexican food at the Salt Lake City airport
  • lots of time to pray while sitting in my window seat on flight 4468
  • the luxury of sleeping-in
  • the holy smell of Chrism oil in my godson's hair after his baptism
  • uninterrupted reading on my flights to and from Portland (I fell in love with the book, "The Secrets of the Rosary" by St. Louis DeMontfort)
  • 4 laps around the rosary (praying all 4 sets of mysteries)---giving Our Lady a full wreath of roses
  • playing card games and Clue with Jon and Debbie in the evenings (except that Jon won EVERY time!) :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment