I'm trying to instill a new "attitude of gratitude" in myself and in our home. My selfish, sinful nature often tends to see the glass as half-empty and it is very easy for me to fall into a pit of grumpiness and stay there when things don't go exactly the way I had planned. I am learning that gratitude is like a ladder that I can choose to climb in order to get myself out of that grumpy pit---a pit that Satan wants me to wallow in. Therefore, gratitude is a great weapon against the evil one. So perhaps you'll want to join with me in winning a battle today...simply brainstorm a list of things you are thankful for and thank Jesus for them. You can even do this with your children around the supper table. We've been doing that at our home. We simply pass around a marker and a sticky pad around the table for everyone to write down one thing that they were thankful for that day. Then we place the bright sticky notes on our sliding glass door...it's not only bringhtening our door but also our mealtime together, our attitudes, and hopefully our souls!
Today I am thankful for:
Nathanael's chubby baby legs that kick like crazy when he's happy,
A Starbucks gift card to buy hot chai on a rainy day,Seeing my husband's face in the face of my children,
Joseph looking so sharp in his baseball uniform,
Playing "Stratego" with my math-minded Michael,
My sweetheart surprising me with "Chili's" chips and salsa,
Shea butter bubble baths after a tiring day,
Comments from friends and strangers on my blog :)
Reading a great chapter book aloud with my boys all snuggled close,
The scent and soft flicker of a new candle on our nightstand,
Sweet sleep (even if it's only for a few hours at a time).
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God." (2 Thessalonians 5:16)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Philippians 4:8)

A great reminder to be thankful in EVERYTHING! And TODAY today I'm very thankful for your friendship!! Thanks for the prayers. :)
ReplyDelete