Last week I was spoiled with a trip back home to South Dakota which renew this tired mother's spirit. The mundane routine of motherhood, as well as the lack of solid sleep, had started wearing me down. So when my dear friend Jody asked me to be the godmother of their new little Gianna, I was both honored to be asked and overjoyed with an excuse to fly home, knowing that once I got there my saintly mother would provide just the retreat I needed. While I was home I caught up with old friends, watched Nathanael get showered with loving attention from his relatives, witnessed my god-daughter Gianna's baptism as well as my godson Daniel's 1st Holy Communion, and got spoiled by my parents who cooked every meal and entertained Nathanael so that I could get some much needed R and R. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder, because the longer I was away from my husband and 3 older boys, the more I longed to see them and return to my vocations of wife and mother with renewed energy and joy. So this Mother's Day I am especially thankful to be a mother, and I'm praying for the grace to be a better mother---more like my own mother and like the Blessed Mother--more and more each day.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!

My friend Jody and I...we could be sisters with our matching red hair, green shirts, and Irish blood! :)

Gianna's beautiful baptism...

Daniel's 1st Holy Communion...

Nathanael loved his doting Uncle Steve...

Nathanael loved visiting his great grandma...

Nathanael loved being snuggled by Grandpa Pat...

Nathanael loved all the attention from his sweet cousin Ryan...

Nathanael loved his cousin Elizabeth's big smile...

Nathanael loved Aunt Shawna's loving arms...

And last, but certainly not least, Nathanael loved every minute of his "Grandma Theresa Time"!

What a great trip, and I'm happy you're so refreshed! I'm also happy that you're home so I can talk to you again!! :)
ReplyDelete